Throughout the course, you have been working toward your final project. This week, you will be submitting a rough draft of that project. Using the information you’re your outline, your bibliography, and your literature review, combine the information to create a rough draft (you will have the opportunity for this to be reviewed by your instructor and your peers). Pay close attention to the following criteria to ensure you covered everything. While this is a rough draft of your project, keep in mind that the more complete your draft, the more chance you have to receive relevant and constructive feedback.
You had three options in how you can present your final project. Check your rough draft against the corresponding requirements:
As a Paper
Your paper should be creative and interesting, and demonstrate what you have learned. It should be a minimum of 5-7 pages in length and you will use APA style formatting with a title page and reference section. You should use Times New Roman, 12pt. font, double-space your lines, and set your page up with one inch margins (See the APA Template included in the Course Resources folder)
For All Assignment Types
Your assignment should be well-organized and demonstrate an orderly flow of information that clearly addresses the subject chosen. In addition to the above criteria, your final project should include the following elements:
- The Community Organization: Clearly indicate the focus of the organization and the community needs that the organization. A brief historical background of the organization should also be included.
- Discuss any community partnerships that they have. Suggest additional partnerships that you feel they should have.
- Explore how the cross-cultural challenges and humanitarian considerations are involved.
- Demonstrate how the organization uses volunteers and the economic benefits associated with this (not just “free labor”).
- Illustrate any roadblocks that the organization has faced or potential could face and how they did or might find solutions.
- Describe the organization’s vision for the future.
- Indicate what areas in which you feel the organization could improve. What challenges (technological, political, economic, laws and regulations, community-based initiatives, educational, etc.) will they need to overcome?
- Discuss potential ways you might be able to contribute to the organization. How could your own interests, talents, and skills benefit this organization?
Note: You will need to include a minimum of ten (10) sources to support your project claims. Additionally, make sure the sources you choose are no more than five (5) years old.
Title your Project
Introduction: Begin with the attention-getter, tie in the background information, and end the introduction with your thesis.
- Clearly identify the topic of each section. The topic must be a statement, not a question, and should begin with your own ideas and your own words.
- After identifying your topic, use quotations or paraphrase from your sources to help illustrate the point you are making (be sure to identify the author(s) and source(s)).
- After you have given support, spend a sentence or two explaining how the example(s) support the section topic.
- A compilation of your research, your literature review, your methods, (how the data was collected or generated and analyzed), and your results should be included in the body of your project.
- Restate your thesis. This means that you say about the same thing as you did in your thesis, but you say it differently.
- After stating your thesis, restate the topics from each of your body sections and emphasize what is important for your audience/readers to remember.
- End your conclusion with a call to action that illustrates what your audience/readers should do with the information you presented.
Please note: You will have the opportunity to revise and perfect this project, but you should do your best to make each step as complete as possible so you can receive more relevant and constructive feedback from your instructor and your peers.
Attached my peer review paper