In a 4-5 page essay, students will examine a character from one of our readings who exemplifies a positive quality which our culture needs. As you plan for this paper, some questions would be helpful to consider: The character of choice is Odysseus from the book The Odyssey, written by Homer
· How can I best explain/define the positive quality my character has?
· Why is this positive quality important to a culture, not just an individual person?
· What actions and words are the best examples of my character demonstrating that positive quality?
· What are some examples of ways our culture lacks or neglects that positive quality?
· How might we behave if we followed the example of their hero in our time?
AllP papers should be written in proper MLA format with a heading, title, page numbers, and one-inch margins, using Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced.