- Read Welch’s article linked in this unit’s Studies and in this assignment. Evaluate the context, setting, and rationale of the article author’s business problem. Your composition must construct an understanding of the author’s research purpose based on the stated business problem.
- Compose a formal, APA-formatted paper of no more than 700 words (word count excluding title and reference pages) that includes the following:
- Assesses the source by providing justification for regarding it as peer reviewed.
- Argues how the source is an example of applied business research by presenting the context for the underlying study as described by the author.
- Justifies—based on the author’s reasoning—the setting for the applied business problem, that is, how the author defended using a specific research method and design.
- Critiques—using other peer-reviewed sources for support—the author’s rationale for the worth or value of researching the business problem.
- Interprets the rationale of the author’s academic foundation for the study. Upon whose research did the author seek to build or expand upon by researching the business problem?
- Constructs an understanding of the author’s research purpose based on the stated business problem. Include an APA-formatted figure, in addition to the written synthesis, to demonstrate fully your ability to synthesize ideas. Incorporate the figure into the body of the composition, not presented as an attachment or appendix document.
Refer to the Business Problems and Research Purposes Scoring Guide to ensure you meet the grading criteria.
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written CommunicationEvaluate the context, setting, and rationale of the article author’s business problem: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message, follows standard American English usage, and uses language appropriate for the intended business and scholarly doctoral audiences.
- Formatting: Paper, references, and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 700 words, double-spaced.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12-point.